Designed between 1915 – 1917 and set against the dramatic backdrop of the northern Santa Cruz Mountains in Woodside, California, Filoli is an excellent example of the Golden Age of American garden design and country house architecture. The estate boasts a 654-acre property featuring a Georgian revival-style mansion turned living museum, 16-acres of exquisite formal gardens, an operating Gentleman’s Orchard, and a nature preserve with a public Estate Trail. Established as a private residence in 1917, Filoli was opened to the public in 1976 as Filoli Center, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and a site of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
Get tickets in advance!
You can purchase tickets online by selecting from the options below or calling our Ticket Office.
Senior: $18 (65 years and older)
Student/Teacher/Military: $15 (with valid ID)
Children 5 – 17: $11
Children Under 5 Years: FREE
Filoli Members: FREE
Group Rate: $17 (15 or more guests)
Tuesday through Sunday
10:00am – 5:00pm
Check out our Events Calendar for up-to-date hours of operation and upcoming events that may affect your visit.
Guided, 1 Hour Tours are available for an additional $5 fee. House Tours and Garden Tours start at the following times: 10:30am; 12:00pm; 1:30pm; and 3:00pm. See Current Season Schedule for Specialty Tour details like times and pricing.
House Tour: $5 (1 Hour)
Garden Tour: $5 (1 Hour)
Specialty Tour: fee varies
Tips for Visiting
The following are some tips to help you plan your experience.
- Filoli is closed Mondays.
- Filoli is open rain or shine, with much of the experience outdoors, so dress accordingly.
- Filoli updates a What’s Blooming blog every week.
- Parking is limited; carpooling is encouraged. To prevent going over capacity with parking, we may also set up a timed-ticket entry.
- Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Advance tickets can be purchased by phone or online, with the option of printing them from home.
- Pricing may increase during Filoli Events where special programming is prepared to further enrich your experience. Annual Events like the Flower Show, Step Back in Time, the Jazz Series, Autumn Festival, Farm to Table, and Holidays at Filoli are a few examples of popular events when admission tickets are required from everyone (including members).
- All guests should arrive for check-in at the Visitor and Education Center. Have your membership card and photo ID ready when checking in. Wristbands are required for entry.
- Last admission is sold at 4:30pm.
- We accept Visa & Mastercard only.
- Guided Tours of the House are available for an additional fee.
- You must pay admission to take the Estate Trail.
- Tripods are allowed in the Gardens, but cannot be used in the House.
- Additional photography equipment is not allowed such as reflective screens and props, unless a Photography Session is scheduled.
- Please contact email@example.com to schedule a Photography Session at Filoli.
- Please use designated routes for strollers and wheelchairs/walkers. Guests must provide their own strollers, wheelchairs, and walkers.
- ADA service animals allowed. Comfort or emotional support dogs do not qualify as service animals under ADA.
- Picnicking is only permissible at the designated picnic tables in the Lane Courtyard and at the front of the Visitor and Education Center.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere at Filoli.
- Due to special event days, some areas of the property may be closed throughout the year for a few hours or a day at a time. See Calendar for notifications.
- Please respect wildlife during your visit. For your safety, we ask that you do not approach any wildlife during your visit, including Percy the Peacock and Ron the Weasel.