Reservations required; Open late every Thursday for Summer Nights!
Open to Wonder, Open to Wander
At Filoli we create inspiration in everyday life by welcoming all to experience the House, Garden, and natural lands. Located 30 miles south of San Francisco, Filoli is nestled on a slope of the Santa Cruz Mountains and surrounded by the protected Peninsula watershed. We're open daily to explore.
Discover & Go
Filoli is proud to participate in Discover & Go providing San Mateo County Public Library card holders with free passes to local museums and other cultural institutions. To visit Filoli with Discover & Go Make reservations online and send your confirmation to email@example.com to confirm your admission.
What to Bring
Come prepared to walk! Please note that Filoli does not rent wheelchairs.
Bring a reusable bottle and fill up at the Visitor Center.
for indoor areas if unvaccinated.
What to Leave Behind
no sports equipment
In the Garden
Sustainable Garden Makeover
When creating this Garden a century ago, Agnes and William Bourn were inspired by classic English plantings – not necessarily ones that thrive in California’s climate.
This season, we’re switching up our seasonal display to highlight a palette of plants that are more appropriate for the dry Bay Area climate, including succulents and salvias.
In the House
Blue Gold: The Power and Privilege of Water.
While the Bay Area was originally financed by gold, California has an even more valuable resource: Water. California’s blue gold.
The land around Filoli evolved from a watershed valley dotted with creekside Ohlone villages to a reservoir supplying water to the city of San Francisco.
Trace Filoli’s water story from early struggles to find wells to feed the Garden, to the use of water features to show off wealth, to today’s explorations of sustainable plant palettes and irrigation innovations.
June 2 - September 22, 2022
Head to Filoli any Thursday evening for a summer meet up with friends. Stroll the Garden, grab a refreshing drink, and watch the sun set across the landscape.
The Visitor Guide
Enhance your self guided experience
Introduce yourself to Filoli, where you can explore 16 acres of formal gardens, step back in time in the historic house museum, and hike through the lush and varied natural communities of the estate. Use this guide to enhance your experience at Filoli and as a souvenir to take home.
Shopping & Dining
Clock Tower Shop
Stocked with a wide variety of beautiful, unique items and delicious treats perfect for gift giving.
Open during Daytime and Evening admission times serving up a menu of sustainably packaged, grab-and-go meals.
- Online advanced tickets are required for all visitors, including members
- Filoli is open every day from 10am-5pm; open until 8pm on Thursdays Summer Nights
- The Estate Trail Closes at 4pm; 7pm on Summer Nights
- The Café is open from 10am - 4:30 pm; 7:30pm on Summer Nights
- You are welcome to take personal photography within these photography guidelines
- Start your visit by checking in at the outdoor admission kiosk
- All visitors are welcome to wear a mask during their visit. Unvaccinated visitors are required to wear masks indoors.
- Download or print Filoli's map here (stair-less route and low-vision map available)
- Balloons, props, outfit changes, wedding photography and large photo equipment are not permitted
- Picnics are allowed only in the picnic area