Thank you for visiting Filoli’s website. Ensuring the privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us. We will never share, sell, or rent your personal information with anyone in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement, unless ordered by a court of law.
Filoli and its online partners are committed to maintaining the privacy of those who visit our websites.
Filoli is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. This information will not be sold or rented to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
This notice applies to all information collected by or submitted to our websites or through other purchases. On some pages, you can opt in to receive email communications, register for events, or send communications to your colleagues. The types of personal information collected on these pages varies, and can include:
- Name of recipient/s of gift memberships (if applicable)
- Names of family members
- Email address
- Phone number
- Credit Card Information (although this data is not stored)
If at any time you would like to obtain the information we have stored or have the information removed, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do submit personal information to us, we will use that information for the purposes for which it was submitted and also for any one or more of the following reasons:
- If you join our email list, we will have a record of your email address and all other information you choose to provide. We may send you email from time to time about our activities, as well as any specific issues or publications you have subscribed to. You will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from our mailing list.
- If you obtain or renew a Filoli membership, your information will be used to fulfill the financial transaction you have initiated, and your information will be added to our membership database for maintenance and communications to you regarding your membership.
- If you make an online purchase, your information will be used to fulfill the financial transaction you have initiated, and your information will be added to our database for communications about Filoli.
Be advised that we use third-party vendors to provide services on this site and in our offline business operations. The information that you submit on this site may be provided to those vendors on a confidential basis so that those vendors can provide services (such as maintaining our database, sending email messages, facilitating our online activities and campaigns, or processing credit card transactions) on our behalf.
Links to other Web sites
This Web site may contain links to other Web sites for additional products and services. Filoli is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites. We may place advertising on our Web site that originates from third party advertisers and/or advertising agencies. Even though these advertisements are embedded in our Web site cookies may be assigned by the advertisers and not by Filoli. Filoli does not control those cookies.
In order to process a membership, it is necessary for Filoli to gather the member and/or payor’s name, mailing address, phone, and credit card information. This data is used to verify identity and execute the financial transaction.
If you choose to make a purchase online, you will also have to provide a name, mailing address, phone, as well as your credit card billing information. As this information is collected and transferred over the Internet to our secure server, it is encrypted using to protect sensitive information. The credit card information that you provide at the time of purchase is used only to process your renewal or purchase and will not be used for any other purposes. The credit card information is not stored in our systems.
By initiating a credit card transaction through this site, you acknowledge that all sales are final.
Changes to this policy
Filoli reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to modify or correct any errors or omissions in any portion of this web site. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will post the policy changes to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our Web site periodically.