The Spring Season
Swing into Spring at Filoli!
Spring at Filoli leaves a lasting impression on all who walk through the gardens. One of our most popular seasons, Spring marks the beginning of a new year with a kaleidoscope of colors as flowers emerge from their winter slumber.
Use the navigation buttons on the left to learn more about the events that are part of Spring at Filoli.
Ballroom Cultural Series
Sunday, March 17 & 24, 2019
The last two events of our Ballroom Cultural Series are happening during the Spring season. Some tickets are still available for the screening of the documentary “Chesley Bonestell: A Brush With The Future.” Get yours today!
Open Easter and Memorial Day
Sunday, April 21 & Monday, May 27, 2019
This year, Filoli will be open on select Mondays and Holidays to give opportunity to more guests to enjoy the beauty of the estate. Make your long weekend a staycation and visit us on Memorial Day!
Spring Specialty Tours
Select dates and times
Join us in one of our Specialty Tours: Greenhouse, Wildflower Hikes, Camellia, or Bulb Tours.
Spring Tulip Teas
Wednesday, April 17 & Sunday, April 20, 2019
Join us as we celebrate the best of Spring with our tulip themed Tea. Enjoy delicate finger sandwiches, scones, and dainty desserts. Taste our ever-popular Filoli Rose Tea or a selection of others while you enjoy the elegance of a live harpist and great company. Following the tea, tiptoe through the tulips in the formal garden and celebrate the beauty of Spring.
Mother’s Day Mad Hatter Tea
Sunday May 12, 2019
In its second edition, this special day includes delectable finger sandwiches, scones served with clotted cream and Filoli Clock Tower Shop jam, and daintily delicious desserts. Taste our ever popular Filoli Rose Tea or a selection of others while you enjoy the elegance of a live harpist and great company. Admission to the historic House and Garden is included with your tea ticket.
Saturday, May 11 & Sunday, May 12, 2019
Celebrate the queen of your heart with a special meal, a bubbles and blooms flight of wines, or a mad hatter-themed tea. More details on this celebration soon!
Tips for Visiting
The following are some tips to help you plan your experience.
- All guests should arrive for check-in at the Visitor and Education Center. Have your membership card and photo ID ready when checking in. Wristbands are required for entry.
- Filoli is closed Mondays, except on select holidays. Find out more in our Event Calendar.
- Filoli is open rain or shine, with much of the experience outdoors, so dress accordingly.
- Parking is limited; carpooling is encouraged. To prevent going over capacity with parking, we may also set up a timed-ticket entry.
- ALL Tickets are non-refundable.
- Advance tickets can be purchased by phone or online, with the option of printing them from home. Mailed tickets will have a $5 surcharge per order.
- Last admission is sold at 4:30pm.
- We accept Visa & Mastercard only.
- Pricing may increase during Filoli Events where special programming is prepared to further enrich your experience. Annual Events like the Flower Show, Autumn Festival, and Holidays at Filoli are a few examples of popular events when admission tickets are required from everyone (including members).
- Guided Tours of the House are available for an additional fee.
- You must pay admission to take the Estate Trail.
- Smoking and Vaping are not permitted anywhere at Filoli.
- Bicycles, rollerblades, scooters, skateboards, segways, and drones are not permitted.
- Dogs or other pets are not allowed on Filoli Grounds, except service animals. Comfort or emotional support animals do not qualify as service animals under ADA guidelines.
- You must check-in at the Visitor and Education Center before visiting the on-site Clock Tower Shop.
- The Quail’s Nest Café does NOT take reservations. Dining is first come, first serve.
- Filoli Photography Policy 2019
Photographs and videos are a wonderful way to remember your visit. Photography must be conducted without disruption to Filoli operations or limitation to the accessibility of other guests, including doorways, pathways, and high traffic areas.
Photography and video taken at Filoli are for personal use and enjoyment and may not be sold. Visitors and members are welcome to take casual photographs of plants, individuals and subjects that capture the events of your visit.
- Please contact email@example.com to schedule a Photography Session at Filoli.
- By purchasing a ticket, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- Artist Access passes are available for artists who would like to set up an easel or sketch in the Garden or on the Estate Trail. Access is offered from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, Tuesday through Sunday. Passes do not include Admission. Purchase your Pass directly upon check-in at the Visitor and Education Center.
- Please use designated routes for strollers and wheelchairs/walkers. Guests must provide their own strollers, wheelchairs, and walkers.
- Due to special event days, some areas of the property may be closed throughout the year for a few hours or a day at a time. See Calendar for notifications.
- Please respect wildlife during your visit. For your safety, we ask that you do not approach any wildlife during your visit, including Percy the Peacock.
- Per California state law, breastfeeding and bottle feeding are allowed in all spaces; there are no dedicated spaces for infant feeding at Filoli.
- Picnicking is only permissible at the designated picnic tables next to the Visitor and Education Center.
- Filoli updates a What’s Blooming blog every couple weeks.
- Filoli Photography Policy 2019