The Winter Season
Our 2019 Winter Season comes with offerings for the whole family. Music, art, floral displays and our traditional teas and tours make this the perfect time to enjoy with family and friends. See below for a brief description of what this season is all about.
We are proud to announce the Second edition of our Ballroom Cultural Series, featuring live music, film, an art exhibit, and even silent cinema with musical acompaniment. Get your tickets today and be part of a select group of attendees to this one-of-a-kind setting.
Orchids from several Bay Area orchid societies, along with Filoli’s historic collection, will be the feature of lush floral displays and living arrangements, filling the Historic House and Greenhouse. We are deeply thankful to the orchid societies from San Francisco, Peninsula, Santa Clara Valley, and Gold Coast Cymbidium Growers, who make this show possible.
To compliment this exhibition, “Discover the Beauty of Taiwan” will offer Filoli visitors the opportunity to enjoy Taiwan-native orchids, including one that has won awards worldwide since 1950.
Join us on Feb 2 at the Lecture Hall for a traditional Chinese Tea Ceremony. Discover the beauty of Taiwan through Chinese calligraphy, orchids and tea!
Besides the horticultural displays and floral arrangements in the House, an exhibition on display in the Visitor and Education Center gallery will capture a larger-than-life view of this plant family through “Orchids: Glorious and Grand.” In this color photography exhibition featuring large prints, delicate details will be magnified to display the orchid’s glorious beauty and the grand function of its structure.
Venture on one of our docent-led tours exploring the beauty of Filoli during the Winter Season. Immerse yourself in the exquisite Architecture, learn more about our greenhouses, stroll down the Garden and admire the Camellias, Lurline Roth’s favorite flowers; and hike along your friends and family on the quest for Mushrooms and everything there is to know about them. Our Winter Specialty Tours offer something for everyone!
Bring your friends, your family, or that very special someone in your life and enjoy a lovely time. Taste our ever popular Filoli Rose Tea, or choose from a fine selection of others as you are transported to the days when Mrs. Bourn held an open house for her friends for tea any afternoon they wished to join her at Filoli!
The Winter Season at Filoli brings great programming to complement the Orchid Show and Orchid Exhibit. See below for a short list of what’s available:
Make sure to attend the lecture on the misadventures of finding slipper orchids in the wild.
Explore our sidebar menu for current and future events. We are certain that you will find something for everyone to enjoy the magic to this time of the year!
Thank you to our Orchid Show Sponsors:
Tips for Visiting
The following are some tips to help you plan your experience.
- All guests should arrive for check-in at the Visitor and Education Center. Have your membership card and photo ID ready when checking in. Wristbands are required for entry.
- Filoli is closed Mondays.
- Filoli is open rain or shine, with much of the experience outdoors, so dress accordingly.
- Parking is limited; carpooling is encouraged. To prevent going over capacity with parking, we may also set up a timed-ticket entry.
- ALL Tickets are non-refundable.
- Advance tickets can be purchased by phone or online, with the option of printing them from home. Mailed tickets will have a $5 surcharge per order.
- Last admission is sold at 4:30pm.
- We accept Visa & Mastercard only.
- Pricing may increase during Filoli Events where special programming is prepared to further enrich your experience. Annual Events like the Flower Show, Autumn Festival, and Holidays at Filoli are a few examples of popular events when admission tickets are required from everyone (including members).
- Guided Tours of the House are available for an additional fee.
- You must pay admission to take the Estate Trail.
- Smoking and Vaping are not permitted anywhere at Filoli.
- Bicycles, rollerblades, scooters, skateboards, segways, and drones are not permitted.
- Dogs or other pets are not allowed on Filoli Grounds, except service animals. Comfort or emotional support animals do not qualify as service animals under ADA guidelines.
- You must check-in at the Visitor and Education Center before visiting the on-site Clock Tower Shop.
- The Quail’s Nest Café does NOT take reservations. Dining is first come, first serve.
- Filoli Photography Policy 2018
Photographs and videos are a wonderful way to remember your visit. Photography must be conducted without disruption to Filoli operations or limitation to the accessibility of other guests, including doorways, pathways, and high traffic areas.
Photography and video taken at Filoli are for personal use and enjoyment and may not be sold. Visitors and members are welcome to take casual photographs of plants, individuals and subjects that capture the events of your visit.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a Photography Session at Filoli.
- By purchasing a ticket, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- Artist Access passes are available for artists who would like to set up an easel or sketch in the Garden or on the Estate Trail. Access is offered from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, Tuesday through Sunday. Passes do not include admission. Purchase a Pass.
- Please use designated routes for strollers and wheelchairs/walkers. Guests must provide their own strollers, wheelchairs, and walkers.
- Due to special event days, some areas of the property may be closed throughout the year for a few hours or a day at a time. See Calendar for notifications.
- Please respect wildlife during your visit. For your safety, we ask that you do not approach any wildlife during your visit, including Percy the Peacock.
- Picnicking is only permissible at the designated picnic tables next to the Visitor and Education Center.
- Filoli updates a What’s Blooming blog every couple weeks.