Preserve, Welcome, Inspire
Filoli’s volunteers amplify Filoli’s mission by supporting the staff's critical efforts to preserve, welcome, and inspire. Volunteering at Filoli is a wonderful and rewarding way to contribute to one of the finest remaining country estates in California.
The volunteer program is not currently accepting applications
- Have a current Filoli membership.
- Learn more about the benefits of membership here.
- Have an email address; this is our main form of communication for all volunteers.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Submit a volunteer application
After the application form is submitted, the Volunteer Program Coordinator will contact you to:
- Complete a background check
- All volunteers must submit to an online criminal background screening through Verified Volunteers. This screening cost is covered by the volunteer. Information on how to complete the screening is provided in the Volunteer Handbook.
- Review the Volunteer Handbook and sign the Volunteer Agreement
- Attend a general orientation meeting
Please note that volunteer needs fluctuate throughout the year. Although the Garden is open to visitors, volunteer opportunities will remain on pause as Filoli responds to COVID-19 concerns