Classes at Red’s Barn
When you arrive at Red’s Barn, you’ll be given a name tag. Please wear your name tag while at Filoli. You’ll have access to the House, Garden, Estate Trail, and Clock Tower Shop. Access is only on the day of the class and during normal operating hours.
Directions to Red’s Barn
Red’s Barn is located on Filoli’s nature preserve. Do not drive to the Visitor Center. Instead, once you enter through the main gate, turn right onto the first dirt road after the bridge. Then turn right at the next intersection and follow the road as it winds to Red’s Barn. Park in the field across from the the Barn, off the hiking path.
What to Bring
- Home Floral Design Classes: Filoli provides plant materials for all floral design classes. Containers are provided for all classes except Ikebana. Recommendations for Ikebana pin frogs and containers will be emailed to students. Clippers will be available for use during all classes. You may bring your own if you prefer.
- Art Classes: Filoli provides materials for many of the art classes. If students are expected to bring materials, a link to the materials list can be found on the class web page.
- Red’s Barn is located in a serene, rustic location and parking is on a dirt path. We recommend dressing in layers and wearing shoes appropriate for uneven terrain.
Where to Eat
- Red’s Barn is located on Filoli’s Nature Preserve. The Café is a 5 minute drive or a 15 minute hike. For full-day classes, lunch breaks are usually only 30 minutes, so we recommend students bring lunch or visit the cafe before or after class. Quail’s Nest Café.
- If you bring your lunch you are welcome to eat in Red’s Barn or on the porch.
- Students may not bring outside food into the Café.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-364-8300 ext. 263.