Plan Your Visit to Filoli
Recognized as one of the finest remaining country estates of the early 20th century, Filoli welcomes the public to this remarkable 654–acre property, including the 54,000 square foot Georgian country house and spectacular 16–acre English Renaissance garden.
Admission to Filoli allows visitors to explore the historic House and Garden at their leisure. Self–guided booklets and docents are available to answer questions. A short orientation video about Filoli runs continuously in the Visitor and Education Center. The Café, and Garden and Gift Shop are open for your enjoyment.
Filoli is a historic site of the National Trust for Historic Preservation and is dedicated to the preservation, interpretation, and stewardship of the cultural traditions and natural history of this country estate for public education and enjoyment.
Filoli’s Group rates, Tours, and Facility Rental offerings have recently changed. Please consult these links for exciting new ways to experience Filoli.
House & Garden Tours
Guided by Filoli volunteer docents, these tours last approximately two hours. An hour is spent in the House and an hour is spent in the Garden. The walking is at a casual pace as the docents talk about each area. Tour times are Tuesday through Saturday at 10:30 am and 1:00 pm.
Important Things to Know Before Your Visit
Filoli is a historic site of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Please help us preserve and protect this cherished estate and make the experience as authentic as possible by observing the following:
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere at Filoli.
- Tripods are allowed in the Gardens. Please do not block paths or walkways! Additional photography equipment is not allowed such as reflective screens and props, unless a portrait session is scheduled. Visit our Facility Rentals page to learn more.
- Only leashed Service Dogs as defined by the ADA are allowed on the property. Emotional Support, Therapy, or Companion dogs do not qualify as Service Dogs.
- Visitors are asked to keep to designated paths in the House and Garden and refrain from touching collection objects and plants.
- Routes for strollers and wheelchairs/walkers are designated on our Filoli Visitor Map. Guests must provide their own strollers, wheelchairs, and walkers.
- Please respect wildlife during your visit. For your safety, we ask that you do not approach any wildlife during your visit, including Percy the Peacock.
Special Event Days
Special Event Days at Filoli include Public and Private Event Rentals. Higher admission fees apply on Filoli’s Special Public Event Days. Please review below, the Calendar of Programs, Events, and Exhibits prior to visiting for the most up–to–date information. Filoli is closed all Mondays and some holidays.
Due to special event days, some areas of the property may be closed throughout the year for a few hours or a day at a time.