There are many ways you can contribute your time and talents as a Filoli volunteer!
Volunteering at Filoli is a wonderful and rewarding way to contribute to one of the finest remaining country estates in California. Filoli’s volunteers help us meet our mission to connect our rich past with a vibrant future through beauty, nature and shared stories. We envision a time when all people honor nature, value unique experiences, and appreciate beauty in everyday life.
If you believe in our goals and want to work side-by-side with a dedicated staff and an enthusiastic group of volunteers, please contact our Volunteer Program Coordinator at (650) 364-8300, ext. 211, or email@example.com.
How can you help?
FRONTLINE Volunteer Opportunities
- Clock Tower Shop Committee – Provides direct visitor service in the Shop and supports merchandising and display efforts.
- Garden Volunteer – Hands-on horticulture work in the formal garden area.
- Garden Information Docent – Provides garden information services to visitors and engages them in deeper conversations about Filoli’s various collections such as Camellias and the Orchards.
- Musician/Pianist – Play one of our two pianos in the House for visitors, or bring your own instrument to the Garden House. Perform period-appropriate music without vocals to provide our visitors with a unique experience.
- Nature Education Committee – Hosts the self-guided nature experience on the Estate Trail and provides guided nature hikes for both youth and adults.
- Quail’s Nest Café Committee – Provides direct service to visitors in the Cafe and support for Filoli’s cafe vendor.
- School Programs – Field trip programs available: Patterns in the Garden, School Hikes, House & Garden Experience.
- Visitor Services – Provide direct support for visitor services through the Information Desk, serving as a greeter, host, or through administrative support.
Benefits to becoming a Filoli volunteer include:
Becoming a Filoli volunteer offers many benefits! Besides having the opportunity to contribute to our mission, Filoli volunteers receive:
- Rewarding experiences and being part of the community of Filoli volunteers, an incredible group of gifted, fun, and welcoming individuals with the common goal of sharing Filoli with our diverse visitors.
- Ongoing training and continuing education opportunities;
- Invitations to special volunteer-only events throughout the year;
- Six free general admission passes to share the beauty of Filoli with family and friends;
- 15% discount in our Clock Tower Shop when you show your volunteer badge.
IMPORTANT: to Volunteer at Filoli, you must be a Member. Learn more about the benefits of Membership.
Volunteers at Filoli must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be a Filoli member in good standing;
- Complete an online criminal background check through Verified Volunteers at the cost of $23.50;
- Sign Filoli’s Volunteer Agreement and Code of Conduct;
- Meet a minimum of 72 hours per year of volunteer service;
- Provide Filoli with an email address so we can share important volunteer updates and information with you regularly;
- Be able to traverse (with an assistive device if needed) the uneven terrain of Filoli’s historic property.
If you have questions about volunteering at Filoli, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at (650) 364-8300, ext. 211, or firstname.lastname@example.org.