Palette of Flowers | Feb 23 – May 20
Filoli is synonymous with spring. The palette of flowers, from the naturalized daffodils to the purposeful tulips, are all layered on the beautifully-designed canvas that is the Historic Garden of Filoli. Spring comes early and the hints of budbreak turn to full blossoms before your eyes. Breathe deeply as you enter the Garden House for a taste of what is to come.
Our longest season, spring unfurls with a cadre of classes, events, and programs. Botanical illustration, floral design, and horticulture certificate programs are in full swing and it is not too late to take part in these world-class programs or any of our other adult classes. Filoli is now open for special weekends, such as Easter and Mother’s Day, making us a family destination. We will also have more events, including all-new Mad Hatter Mother’s Day tea.
Throughout the season you will find the 20th Annual Botanical Art Exhibition on display in the Visitor and Education Center and the Filoli Florilegium featured in the House. These artistic impressions bring the delightful pale e of spring flowers throughout the whole experience.
This is all launched with a Spring Frolic on February 23, a fabulously fun party to celebrate the beauty of spring!
You can purchase tickets online by selecting from the options below or calling our Ticket Office.
Senior: $18 (65 years and older)
Student/Teacher/Military: $15 (with valid ID)
Children 5 – 17: $11
Children Under 5 Years: FREE
Filoli Members: FREE
Group Rate: $17 (15 or more guests)
Tuesday through Sunday
10:00am – 5:00pm
*Check out our Events Calendar for up-to-date hours of operation and upcoming events that may affect your visit.
Guided, 1 Hour Tours are available for an additional $5 fee. House Tours and Garden Tours start at the following times: 10:30am; 12:00pm; 1:30pm; and 3:00pm.
|Property Through Time Hike||Sundays||2:00pm||$10|
- You can purchase tickets online by selecting from the options below or calling our Ticket Office.
- Tour groups can book a 2-hour tour.
- Private Tours for groups from 2-15 are available at an additional tour rate of $75.
Tips for Visiting
The following are some tips to help you plan your experience.
- Filoli is closed Mondays.
- Filoli is open rain or shine, with much of the experience outdoors, so dress accordingly.
- Parking is limited; carpooling is encouraged. To prevent going over capacity with parking, we may also set up a timed-ticket entry.
- Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Advance tickets can be purchased by phone or online, with the option of printing them from home.
- All guests should arrive for check-in at the Visitor and Education Center. Have your membership card and photo ID ready when checking in. Wristbands are required for entry.
- Last admission is sold at 4:30pm.
- We accept Visa & Mastercard only.
- Pricing may increase during Filoli Events where special programming is prepared to further enrich your experience. Annual Events like the Flower Show, Jazz, Autumn Festival, and Holidays at Filoli are a few examples of popular events when admission tickets are required from everyone (including members).
- Guided Tours of the House are available for an additional fee.
- You must pay admission to take the Estate Trail.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere at Filoli.
- ADA service animals allowed. Comfort or emotional support dogs do not qualify as service animals under ADA.
- You must check-in at the Visitor and Education Center before visiting the on-site Museum Store.
- The Café does NOT take reservations. Dining is first come, first serve.
- Filoli Photography Policy 2018
Photographs and videos are a wonderful way to remember your visit. Photography must be conducted without disruption to Filoli operations or limitation to the accessibility of other guests, including doorways, pathways, and high traffic areas.
Photography and video taken at Filoli are for personal use and enjoyment and may not be sold. Visitors and members are welcome to take casual photographs of plants, individuals and subjects that capture the events of your visit.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a Photography Session at Filoli.
- Artist Access passes are available for artists who would like to set up an easel or sketch in the Garden or on the Estate Trail. Access is offered from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, Tuesday through Sunday. Passes do not include admission. Purchase a Pass.
- Please use designated routes for strollers and wheelchairs/walkers. Guests must provide their own strollers, wheelchairs, and walkers.
- Due to special event days, some areas of the property may be closed throughout the year for a few hours or a day at a time. See Calendar for notifications.
- Please respect wildlife during your visit. For your safety, we ask that you do not approach any wildlife during your visit, including Percy the Peacock and Ron the Weasel.
- Picnicking is only permissible at the designated picnic tables next to the Visitor and Education Center.
- Filoli updates a What’s Blooming blog every couple weeks.