Classes at the Cottage Garden
When you arrive at the Visitor Center, you’ll be given a name tag. Please wear your name tag while at Filoli. You’ll have access to the House, Garden, Estate Trail, and Clock Tower Shop. Access is only on the day of the class and during normal operating hours.
Directions to the Cottage Garden
The private entrance to the Cottage Garden is located in Filoli’s historic Garden next to the rose garden. Please check in at the Visitor Center before class. A Filoli representative will then walk you to the Cottage Garden.
What to Bring
- Home Floral Design Classes: Filoli provides plant materials for all floral design classes. Containers are provided for all classes except Ikebana. Recommendations for Ikebana pin frogs and containers will be emailed to students. Clippers will be available for use during all classes. You may bring your own if you prefer.
- Art Classes: Filoli provides materials for many of the art classes. If students are expected to bring materials, a link to the materials list can be found on the class web page.
Where to Eat
- Lunch favorites and imaginative specialties are available at the Quail’s Nest Café.
- If you bring your lunch or dinner, you are welcome to eat in the Cottage Garden or at Filoli’s shaded picnic area located next to the parking lot.
- Students may not bring outside food into the Café.
Contact us at email@example.com or 650-364-8300 ext. 263.